Saturday, March 13, 2010

Monstrous Laundry

I would like to take a moment to thank Kim and Janelle for some delish fish recipes! I will definitely have to try them out, and Kim...a restaurant? You are an incredible gal. Again. You both give me faith that salmon isn't gross.

Today is a mucky, rainy, windswept day, perfect for curling up and having an extra nap, reading a book, making - or in my case, eating - cookies....did I do any of that today? Erm, no. I taught a riding lesson, cleaned the barn, and did various other things instead of sitting around and snuggling up to something cozy. Like Matt. Or my comforter.

But someone else decided to make the most of the gloomy day.
video
Ah, yes. We have multiple cat beds, couches, blankets, and other squishy warm things for them to sleep on. But evidently nothing is better than a basket full of my clean clothes!

Don't worry. You can't see any of my underwear in there. I checked.

Why is it that we get so frustrated when cats decide to burrow in our clothes, but then, think they look so cute and peaceful that we don't want to move them? You can even see towards the end of the video, Monster shows absolutely no concern and lazily closes his eyes, falling back into a kitty coma.

I'm such a sucker. I let him stay there for the duration of his cat nap.

Here's hoping you get a chance to snuggle up or tuck in to something warm and lovely, whether it's human, furry, baked goods....you get my point. I now have an urge to bake cookies.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

My cats do the same thing. Who can blame them. Wouldn't it be cool if there were a human size laundry basket full of fresh smelling and WARM soft clothes. I'd be in there in a hot second.

KC said...

Cat - I think you should invent that. You'd be a quazillionaire!