Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Puppy Patrol

I don't have a dog. But that doesn't mean I can't post about dogs! Everyone loves dogs!

I am going to live vicariously through my parents, who do have dogs.

And they are not just cute. They are supercute. They are Shetland Sheepdogs, also known as Shelties.

This is Pixie.

Look how happy she is to see you!

Pixie loves the camera. As in, will get in your face, pose, and do other supercute things to have her own little Puparazzi photo shoot. She's a ham.

And from the look of this photo, she's good at yoga too. That's her doing "Downward Dog."

But this post isn't about Pixie. Sorry, little lady.

"What do you mean, this post isn't about me? It's all about me!"

This post is about another one of our dogs, who is also a little girl named Checkers.

This is the only photo I have of her, because she's a little camera shy and I didn't want to upset her or stress her out. Why?

Because she's got some buns in the oven!

Yes, Checkers is pregnant with 3 or 4 puppies we think, and she's due to deliver a little after Easter. As you can see from the pic above, she's got quite the belly going on. She waddles around and spends a lot of time resting before her big day. She's actually having a C-Section, because she had a little difficulty with her first birthing experience, and this one will be her last. After this, she has a career in showing waiting for her, with my Mom handling her.

Be prepared for the Puparazzi in the coming weeks, as I will be unable to stop myself from posting all the cute little furballs for your enjoyment.

You'll love it. Checkers is practicing her lamaze as I type!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Good luck to Checkers! Can't wait to see the puppies when they arrive.

Pixie's downward dog is classic.

Ann said...

Comments from the Dogs:

Pixie: Where are my ears?? I have much better closeups than that first picture! Ugh. Retake!!

Barkley: What am I, chopped liver?? Oh yeah, I ate the chopped liver...BARKBARKBARK....

Checkers: Sigh. Is it over yet? Where's my pillow? Will somebody please put me on the couch!

Aislinn said...

KC, I think poor Checkers is ready. Aunt Pixie is ready too...for her next close-up.

KC said...

I did miss getting a photo of Barkley, who is actually the brother of Checkers. And all he does is bark. I told my parents he should have been named Whiskey, because then he'd just be a little wobbly when he walked...but oh no, they named him Barkley, and guess what his fave past time is?? Hmmm? :)

Arliss said...

Awww, I can't WAIT to see the puppies! Oh, my, they're beautiful -- now I want another Sheltie. Best wishes and good thoughts to Checkers for a smooth delivery and a beautiful, healthy litter!

Great doggy pics! And Pixie, we know your ears are perfect, no worries. :-)