Monday, March 29, 2010

A Very Rad Dad

Saturday night was a very special evening for my family, and especially for my Dad.

He had a very big birthday, and we had a lovely dinner at a restaurant in CT called Zia's to celebrate. It was mostly immediate family - my mom (duh), myself and Matt, my big brother Jay and his fiancee Kristin, and we had two close family friends join us - Leigh and Scott. What ensued was scintillating conversation, lots of laughs, and a few wary looks from nearby patrons. And a random diner from another table attempted to sell/ rent us a condo in Farmington CT, which I promptly then attempted to sell him some horse manure (take that!). Needless to say, he didn't believe me. We had some fun with that one.

And then came the shots. Amaretto. Yum!
Dad has a look on his face like, "I'm the birthday boy, maybe I'll get TWO shots! Hee hee hee!"

They came in really cute little mini glasses.
That's the wine cork from the bottle Kristin and I shared. And then we got individual glasses after we kicked the bottle. Lush much?
This is a fantastic picture! That's my mom and dad. Mom is cracking up over something, and Dad is...well, he looked like that all night long. Someone was having a good time, eh?

In all seriousness, my Dad has been the best dad most gals can ask for. He supported me when I took dance. He supported me when I rode horses. He supported me when I went back to dance and tried to sing. And then he supported me again...back to horses.

And he let me go to Woodstock '99. But that's only because he, himself went to the original Woodstock, and his parents still do not know. I love that story. I hope they don't read this blog.

My Dad is my homie.
And clearly, he knows it!

Here's to another 60 years of health and happiness, Dad! Love you!
From top left, Clockwise: Jay, Kristin, Moi, Matt, Scott, Dad, Mom, Leigh

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Your mom is cute as a button and your dad is quite the handsome man. No wonder they popped out a looker like you :-) And your dad has a whopping nice head of hair! He looks like Robert Redford. Hubba, hubba.

KC said...

Cat, SO weird that you said that! Although maybe not so much? Mom always says she spotted Dad from across a room when they first met - because he looked like Robert Redford. Love it!

Aislinn said...

KC, your parents are lovely! Cat is right. Your dad is so handsome. It's a good thing I don't date married men...anymore.

Your ode to him is beautiful. He sounds like a wonderful man. Well, he and your mom made you, and they did a fine job, I might add, so they've got to be great people.

Mandy said...

You're family is so cute :) Looks like fun!

Alisha said...

OMG You look just like your mom! (but blonde :) )

Totally adorable!

Arliss said...

Ha ha ha! I laughed out loud at "Cat, SO weird that you said that!"

Truly, what an wonderful-looking (and, yes, good-looking) family you have! You are blessed. Belated happy birthday wishes to your dad, he looks and sounds like a great guy. Thanks for sharing your celebration with us.