Thursday, March 25, 2010

What the Muck!

Ok. I admit it.

I am in love with a shoe website.

I've always had a love for all things related to shoes. I remember being in Catholic school and looking for any excuse to wear a shoe that made that adult "clip clip" sound when I sauntered around on heels, or, since I was still in first grade, my Easter shoes. Since Easter is just around the corner, it reminds me how much I love them. When I got my first pair of Western cowboy boots, I was in heaven - a visible sign to passerby that I was a rider, and boots that made the heel echo! Bliss!

But the shoes I love these days are a bit different. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing better than a gravity defying, lawn aerating stiletto. Love it. Boots, sandals, shooties, I love 'em!

There's another website that's gained my affection though.

Muck Boots Online.


Look how far the mighty hath fallen.

However, I don't think I've fallen far at all. In fact, quite the opposite. This website is the inspiration for my "From Manolos to Muck Boots" tag line/ title. It's no coinkey-dink.

After a major snowstorm we had, I needed to trek into NYC, and after a big storm, many NYC blocks aren't shoveled properly. Packed snow + lots of pedestrian traffic = ice. Lots and lots of ice.

I was smart, and wore these boots into the city. I'm not attaching a real photo of my boots, because they're covered in, well, muck. And that's not pretty. These are my barn boots - warm and sturdy.

Whilst traipsing across NYC, I was able to make strides with confidence - my other fellow walkers, however, did not, and could not. I ended up getting grabbed by not one, but two, wayward pedestrians since I was clearly the most surefooted of the lot. They either wanted me to cushion their fall, or be the steadfast person to keep their dignity intact, and keep them upright.

Basically, I didn't totally biff like this.
I also happened to get a pair of boots for Matt as an early Christmas gift not long after we moved, since he thought it would be a good idea to wear suede designer sneakers to kick down fence posts and move bales of hay. He stomped around the house looking like a fireman for the first 10 minutes, and then lived in them for the rest of the winter.

I'm a smart girl, yes I am. I wore my smarty pants that day.

Anywhoozles, I have a secret plan. Not so secret anymore, now that you know. I'm hoping to get a bazillion, quadrillion followers and commenters so the Muck Boot store will send me some products to test out and report back on the blog! I'm also hoping that eventually, I can do some nifty gifty giveaways to those loyal commenters, so they too can share in the Muck Boot Joy.

I'm also a big fan of Yaktrax, which I also get from the faboo Muck Boots Online store. Just sayin'.

I've been lusting after these. Or these. And these look nice too. Just in case you're listening, Muck Boot People. Just in case.

6 comments:

Ann said...

Love love LOVE those muck boots! How did we live without them?! Indestructible, warm, comfortable and dry. Fashion Smashion...give me my muck boots. BTW dog people love them too!

Cynthia D said...

KC,
I had never even heard of Muck boots before you told me about them. I ordered them, and off we went, the muck boots and I. Off to Lake Placid in the winter. Ice, snow and the Ausable River beginning to melt. These are the best boots ever! I bought the Arctic Sport, the ones up to my knees. Perfect!

KC said...

So glad you guys are enjoying the boots!

Catherine said...

Is it wrong that I want a pair to wear to work in California? They're cute!

Suz said...

My winter muck boots come in the form of 1200 gram insulated monsters...those things weigh a ton, haha! They keep me from blowing away I guess. :) I need to get a pair of lighter weight boots for dirty feet days on the ranch as well...my irrigating boots don't really cut it in a cattle chute!

And yes, yaktrax keep me on my feet and off my rump!

Arliss said...

Since moving up North, I love Muck Boots and YakTrax too!

Isn't it sad when your favorite footwear can now be purchased at the farm-supply store?

Or maybe not so sad. :-)