Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Best Bread You'll Ever Make


Lots of people asked for the recipe for Pumpkin Zucchini bread. I've given it out to a select few, and all have had great results! I think it's a great hors d'oeuvre, and I've even been known to snack on a slice at breakfast. It's probably more nutritious than those Toaster Strudels I seem to be hooked on. If you've asked for a different recipe, never fear! I will get that to you as soon as I can.


This recipe makes two loaves, so make one to impress the pants off some guests, neighbors or friends (though I do hope, in most cases, they keep their pants on). But do yourself a favor and keep one loaf for yourself. You deserve it! This bread also freezes very well.


Enjoy!


Pumpkin Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
1 T vanilla extract
3 c all purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t cloves
1 cup shredded zucchini

In a bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin, butter and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini. Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until breads test done. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

1 cup butter? I am sooo making this this weekend!

Happy New Year Kace!

Katie Murphy Eventing said...

In the oven now!!