Sunday, December 5, 2010

Smartpak Delivers...in a Big Way

I have to admit something.

I'm obsessed with Smartpak. Absolutely obsessed.

All of my horses use Smartpak's revolutionary supplement system, it's a foolproof way for horses to get essential vitamins and medications every single day. I can't tell you how many groggy mornings I've been saved from a major supplement screw-up, because I use Smartpak and my horses' names are plastered all over them!

In preparation for winter, I saw these boots and loved the soldier-esque look they had, able to tromp through mud and snow and be flexible enough to ride in - score!

Then I saw this coat and thought it was genius. My parents got it for me as a Christmas gift and it's already been used on the freezing mornings when I'm feeding and turning out horses. Better yet, it's designed for riding too - the coat splits and attaches around your legs to keep them warm while riding - so smart!

I digress.

Jenny Harris, a Smartpak employee who is a lovely gal adopted one of our horses, named Sherm. In addition to giving us a donation to adopt him, she decided to take it one step further, and asked the nice folks at Smartpak to step up and see what they could spare for the 140 horses at Akindale.

Well.

Smartpak went well above and beyond, and decided to donate in supplements and equipment!

We thought they made a typo and added an extra zero by mistake.

Nope!

On Friday, the Smartpak truck arrived with some awesome Smartpak staffers, big on both smiles and generosity!

Hooray! The truck was packed - absolutely packed, with stuff. And there was a second truck with even more stuff. Susan Tuller, Smartpak's Director of Sales, was behind the wheel.

It took us a good 30 minutes to unload everything, and we haven't even looked through everything. But some of our horses now have lovely, brand new sheets and blankets to wear!
The team at Smartpak also contributed - staff members donated a bunch of their own gently used equipment, blankets etc. We feel so incredibly blessed and grateful to the nice folks at Smartpak for really going the extra mile for us - the horses will benefit from this for years to come!

Here's the happy crew from left: Jen Bagley, retail store manager; Jenny Harris, Sherm's new mom and Customer Care Team Leader; I'm smack in the middle with my Christmas coat; Erin; Gil and Theresa with the Akindale mascot, Basil!
Smartpak is awesome. Go buy something from them. You'll be glad you did!

2 comments:

Cynthia D said...

KC, just amazing story! The folks over at Smartpak have great big huge hearts! I'm so happy for the horses at Akindale.

Catherine said...

This brought tears to my eyes, KC. God bless Smartpak!!