Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, Old Rope

Happy 2011!

I hope you had a great New Year. Matt and I were very boring this year - it was business as usual. Horses, work, horses, glass of wine, horses, bed, horses....

You get the idea.

This year, because we were so darn busy, we were delighted to have ordered a pizza, had some wine, and blissfully stayed on the couch with the fire going and didn't talk to anyone. Except each other. We talked about the good stuff in 2010, and joked about resolutions for 2011.

None of our resolutions involved the cats. However, speaking of cats...

(How's that for an odd segue?)

Do any of you cat owners actually get your cats gifts for Christmas?

We used to. But then we finally figured out that if we just pull out the same old rope, or box, or even a box another present came in, that's Christmas enough for these little kitties.

And so I present Whimsy with a rope. I think this particular rope was used on one of our wedding presents, 3.5 years ago. It's still just as exciting to the cats as the day we got it!

Forgive the music, which I positively cackle over - I'm still figuring out Youtube's Audioswap option, which can put music to your video if you're breathing heavily, guffawing or your husband is muttering to himself in the other room.

Happy New Year! (Video!)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

That music actually fit the video pretty well. I don't get my cats Christmas gifts anymore, but my Aunt sent my cats some catnip pillows and my two went ape crazy. I don't usually give them catnip, so it was a treat for them. (P.S. love the TV trays!)