Friday, February 25, 2011

Filling in the Blanks this Friday

I'm feeling a little under the weather today, and my brain just cannot muster up a topic for today's post. So, I'm completely borrowing a post idea from good gal pal Alisha in Ohio, for the sake of keeping up with the February Challenge!

Ready to get to know me a little more? Well, here we go.

1. I am currently obsessed with: Getting a horse trailer. I've been obsessed about that for a few weeks/ months now, but as Spring looms closer and I have friends packing up for a month in Southern Pines to ride and others who are hoping to meet up with me in the 2011 competitive season, I cannot stop thinking about all the schooling and practice we need in order to be ready! Zeus is a star, but I like my stars to be prepared for the year ahead. A trailer is one huge step to get us there.

2. Today I am excited because it's Friday and we're having leftovers tonight, no cooking! And tomorrow is a (semi?) relaxing day!

3. The age I am is 30 and the age I feel is 25. I still feel like there's so much I want to do, so much I want to see (compete with Zeus, go to Italy, perhaps making my way to the American Eventing Championships one of these years). I'm not sure that drive will ever go away. I will always be looking ahead to the next thing, setting goals, etc.

4. My favorite place is my barn. Or my house. Or my bed. Ok that's three answers but it's hard to pick, I love them for different reasons!

5. Something I have been procrastinating is making a hair appointment. I know, I know, how can I let my locks go? But never fear! I finally called today and have an appointment next week! This is a good thing, since the last time my hair saw a salon was in....gasp....July. Yeah.

6. The last thing I purchased was a new riding helmet. Due to the new US Eventing Association rules, all helmets must be ASTM certified. I needed a new fancy helmet to wear in dressage since my hunt cap will no longer suit. Luckily, it was on sale! And I am totally on board with rules that will make riders safer.

7. The thing I love most about my home is the fact that when I come in the door at night, I can relax, let my guard down, get my velour pants on, and unwind. Even if I still have to get Matt from the train at 8:30 PM.

No comments: