Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring Babes

Spring makes me think of babies. Baby chicks, puppies, bunnies, ducks, all that good stuff. I also envision pastel colors, bulbs popping out of the ground, birds chirping....

...hold on. Let's not get too crazy here.

But I did get a chance to meet some new little friends today. And I mean little.

Try to contain yourself from squealing if you're at work, or cooing at your computer monitor. I do it all the time, but I'm at home and Matt's the only one telling me I'm nuts.

But that's why he loves me. Right?

Anyway.

Them There Eyes is a pretty grey mare who gave birth to the cutest little colt about a week ago. Telling you about him just doesn't cut it, so say hello to him yourself (video).


So Long Dearie followed suit not long after, with a little one of her own. I love how this babe can't figure out if he wants to nurse, yawn, scratch, lay down, or come check me out. Oh, decisions! (video.)


And one more of Them There Eyes and her colt. Because I couldn't help myself. (video.)


For the newbies that read the blog, if you get this in an email subscription, in order to see the videos, you have to click on the title at the top of the email to go to the *actual* blog page.

Happy viewing!

3 comments:

Arliss said...

Oh, my, they are TOO CUTE!! How adorable is the one who keeps yawning, and then thinks he might want to check you out? And Them There Eyes is so gorgeous -- you know I'm a sucker for greys!

KC, you are so lucky to be able to visit with these babies, and to spend time with the beautiful horses at Akindale -- AND TMF! :-)

Catherine said...

These videos are so sweet. I can almost smell the hay all the way out here in California.

Aislinn said...

Oh, so, so beautiful. I could watch those babies all day.