Thursday, February 3, 2011

Talking the Talk

Has anyone noticed? I love to talk.

I will talk to a wall if you let me. Plants will work too.

I am constantly talking to my animals, myself, the pitchfork...anything I come into contact with is subjected to my (sometimes) nonsensical chatter.

Occasionally, my gift of gab comes in handy.

Last Sunday, I was invited to speak at Lendon Gray's Weekend Equestrian Educational Program on the subject of Akindale, Thoroughbred Rescue and horse rescue in general. It was an honor to be a part of such a big event, and hopefully we'll continue to be asked back year after year!

My mom also did a lecture after me, about careers in equine journalism. I was so interested in what she had to say that I forgot to take any photos of her. Oops!
They actually moved us into a larger room to accommodate more people, and it was a wonderful reception. Everyone really reacted to my story about how I got into Thoroughbred rescue, and I think they latched on to some of our horses up for adoption, based on the photos and the stories I told about them.

Hopefully, the lecture will result in spreading the word about Akindale, and even better, a horse (or a few!) will find homes because of it.
Wouldn't that be nice?

1 comment: