Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Uncle!

Day 1 of 28 Days of Blogging!

Guess what?

It's snowing! Yippeee!

Can you sense the biting sarcasm here?

I'm sure you've heard the hysteria over roofs collapsing left and right...and I think there's some reason for concern. We just keep getting dumped on by Mother Nature, and our houses and garages buckle under the weight of the snow. A very good friend's garage smushed her husband's car last week, among other stories.

Even our birdie condo was at risk.
So, Matt spent a good portion of the weekend on the roofs of various buildings, getting the mounds of snow off in preparation for...you guessed it, more snow.

Here he is over the garage, surveying his territory.

And once he stopped posing, here he is actually getting the snow off the garage roof.
As I type, he's getting a head start on some parts of our house so we don't have to worry about that. Our first order of business was the barn, because, well, we have things living in it.
And here we are again, with much more snow and ice on the way. I'm ready for Spring. Seriously ready.

3 comments:

Matt, Kate and Cassie said...

I am so with you on being ready for spring...Matt and I were talking about having to get up on the roof and get snow off our house and garage today too. Looks like it's going to start to warm up beginning of next week? Lets hope its a trend :)

offtrackthoroughbreds.com said...

Oh KC, I feel your pain. Although I am spared the cold, wet, achy task of shoveling and snow-blowing, I am cold, tired and pale, and I'm worrying that we are down to our last bottle of red wine.
Please keep the funny commentary coming!

KC said...

Kate, PLEASE! It must warm up, it must!

Sue, wait for the next post...talk about being down to the last bottle of wine..!