Sunday, April 10, 2011

There She Goes

It's a big day for Flurry.

Flurry, the first horse I pulled from the Kill Pen at Camelot (click link for a recap), went to her new forever home.

It's astounding and wonderful, that she went from this day:
A photo taken just days before she'd be sentenced to slaughter, to this day:

Do I really need to say anything about this photo? I think the joy is evident. The photo above is the Eckler family, and while Flurry is mainly intended for Katie, the little lady holding Flurry's lead rope, she will be loved and enjoyed by the entire family. Before they pulled away, Linda (mom) hugged me and said, "Thank you for saving her."


I will forever hold that in my heart.

Flurry actually has a new name with the Ecklers - they decided to call her Luna. Luna means "Moon" in Italian, so it's a name that I liked too!


Luna/ Flurry waltzed right into the Eckler's trailer, completely trusting once again that she'd be landing in a safe, wonderful place.


I'm happy to say that she is, indeed, home.

I love this photo of Katie and Luna - Katie knows she's struck gold with a horse like Luna to love, and Luna herself seems to know she's got a great girl in Katie - a match made in Heaven, wouldn't you say?


What struck me was I realized my mom took a photo just like this of Midnight and I. I was exactly Katie's age, and holding Midnight at the end of a lead rope, grinning from ear to ear and knowing that the horse I held was really special.


I'll miss Flurry fiercely. But I feel like she's gone to extended family, and I'll be able to see her flourish with a fine young equestrian, and I cannot wait to see what's ahead for both of them.


Congratulations to Katie, Luna, and the Eckler family!

No comments: