Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks.

So Thanksgiving is here, and hopefully you're either tucking into your home and preparing to welcome family and friends, or you've already reached your destination to spend the day enveloped in tradition, warmth and good tidings.

I love that this holiday not only means eating as much as you want (yippeee!) but it also signifies taking a look back at your blessings from the year past, and the little things all around you.

We are first and foremost grateful for our families, who offer encouragement, support and advice, not to mention humor!

We are grateful to our clients, who make TMF the family and community it has become. From kids to adults, people near and far, TMF has become a tightly knit home for many - not just us and the horses. TMF has been in operation for almost two years now, and the people around us shape the wonderful place it has become. (Student Rachel learning on Topaz)
We are grateful to our horses, who bring us joy every day and give the gift of companionship, understanding and riding not only to Matt and I, but to our students!

I am grateful for Zeus - an amazing creature who has proven to be a rising star in eventing, and who has led several hunter paces and overcome obstacles in only the way Zeus can! I'm also grateful for the horses I ride for clients, who continue to teach me and allow me to work with them with kindness and compassion. (Minuet, photo by owner Karen Jones)
We are grateful to our kitties who cuddle up with us when we need it most, and always amuse us. And for kitty Mojo, who delights TMF guests by being the official welcoming committee. (photo by Dennis Chunga)
It goes without saying, but I feel we're fortunate to have a roof over our heads, food aplenty, and all the bells and whistles to live a comfortable life. Far too many people aren't experiencing that this year.

Matt, myself, and all of our family here at TMF want to wish you the warmest and most joyful Thanksgiving! Enjoy...and save me a piece of pie, ok? I like pie.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Gratitude really makes the day...

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so glad I have come to know you this past year and I thank you for your blogs, your kindness and compassion (and your recipe for Pumpkin/zucchini bread!) :) xo Renee

Arliss said...

Dear Kace,

Thank you for this beautiful post, and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! My family and I are very grateful to know you for so many reasons. Love and hugs to you and Matt and all the wonderful creatures at Thunder Moon Farm. Wishing you plentiful blessings this holiday season. xoxo