Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Big Announcement

2011 was a year of highs, lows, excitement and angst, for a variety of reasons. I can't think of anyone who wasn't affected by the events of the year, whether it was due to the economy, weather, or other personal circumstance. I hope that 2012 brings each and every one of you joy, hope and everything you wish for. I also hope you keep your New Year's resolution, if you have one.

I have a resolution that will actually be quite easy to keep. Are you ready for it?

My resolution is to gain 25 pounds.

(I'm hearing a chorus of "huh?!" and "what??" coming through the computer.)

That's right. Gain 25 pounds.

Matt and I are expecting a baby in July!

We are thrilled and terrified, which is the norm for first time parents, I hear. Are we ready for this? How will our lives change?

Of course, I've already browsed baby backpacks so Baby can be toted along on cross country course walks, because really, you move much faster with that than a stroller. And I've got plans to enter the Adult Team Challenge with friends and fellow eventing gal pals Katie Murphy and Suzanne Adams next September. But Baby is no stranger to equestrian accomplishments - in fact, he or she has already completed a hunter pace, and was the fastest team of the day.

2012 will be a year of firsts for us...and I hope you'll come along for the ride.

9 comments:

Katie Murphy Eventing said...

Woo hoo - Congrats on the baby and the formal announcement! Enjoy all those pounds, and love gaining them!!

Suzanne said...

Priceless! I am sooo excited for you and really hope that we rock the Adult Team Challenge with your little one cheering us along!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you all. xo Wishing you all the best in 2012 and always! :)
xo Renee

JayZ said...

Congratulations agin!

"We are thrilled and terrified, which is the norm for first time parents, I hear. Are we ready for this? How will our lives change?"

Yup, that about sums up how I felt too! But It's an exciting time...enjoy your pregnancy. I'm sure you will look fabulous the entire time :-)

I had a Bjorn but we only used it a handful of times and I could never figure out how to wrap those Moby things. If you find a good carrier, let me know! I'm sure I'll need one for the second since I'll need my hands free to chase Jos, lol.

Anonymous said...

Congratuations my friend! Love, Cat

BevT said...

So Happy for you both!!!!! wonderful news!!!!!! xxx

offtrackthoroughbreds.com said...

KC
You'll make a fabulous Mom!! Stay well. Eat a ton! Oh, have a doughnut for me!

Sapphire said...

Congratulations, again! I'm so thrilled for you guys. Can't wait to see you next month.......and can I put in a request for July 1? ;p

cml595 said...

Congratulations KC! I just read your happy news =) I couldn't be more thrilled for you! There's no doubt you are going to be wonderful parents! July is a good month, both my boys are July =) Much happiness to you and your husband!