Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Deck the Halls

It's been pretty quiet here at TMF. Horses, teaching, waiting for Winter to set in, and begin the long haul until Spring. As I type this, it's 60 degrees and raining. Go figure!

While things are relatively boring (and believe me, I'll take boring on occasion, especially when boring doesn't involve vet bills!), we've been busy decking the halls! I was determined to decorate sooner than I did last year, and now we get to enjoy it for an extra week. Lovely!

So in the spirit of sharing, I thought I'd give you a little taste of the holidays at TMF. Not all decorations are up, but here's hoping these photos bring you a little cheer, no matter where you are!
Whimsy experiences major joy keeping tabs on the squirrels, and Mojo, who I'm sure was trolling around the front yard...
Christmas kitties! I'm sensing a theme here. And a random sheep.
Nothing beats having Heat Miser and Snow Miser greet you when you enter the guest bathroom! (Bonus points if you know what Christmas movie they're from...)
Here's our dining room, also known as my favorite room in the house. If you can look past my sweaters drying on the backs of the chairs, you'll see the ornament centerpiece, snowflakes and ornaments on the window, and do I spy some glass snowflakes in the chandelier?
I love the word "Joy." It really brings about the feeling of the holidays, in my opinion. Monster thinks so too. Believe it or not, Matt is standing next to me, telling Monster about his day (a regular occurrence) and Monster sits in rapt attention, absorbing every word. It's riveting at the Wall Street Journal, I tell you!

And the final touch....
Fa la la la laaaaaa! This tree turned out so big that our ornaments look a little sparse. Go big or go home. I think I said that last year, too.

Stay tuned for more good cheer, perhaps some holiday recipes, and photos! December has only just begun...

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Merry Christmas! Love it! And, yup... JOY... says it all!

Team M.A.C.K. said...

It looks great Kace!! And now I have the Heat miser song going through my head...It's one of my favorite christmas movies, but I'm ashamed to say I had to look up the name!