Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mr. December

We all know Zeus is dashing.

But more than just us who know him took notice.

A few months back, I was asked to submit a few photos of Zeus and I for the possibility of a 2012 calendar for CANTER, the adoption organization that he came from, and I'm now fortunate enough to work for. It's no secret that CANTER is an outstanding organization with top-notch horses just waiting for a chance at a new career.

Evidently, Zeus is a poster child for this national rescue, along with 11 others.

He was chosen to be Mr. December (which he is pointing out to everyone around the barn these days), and his photo, along with our story, reminds me how lucky I am to have such a superb horse.
What I loved even more, however, were reading the stories of all the other owners and their own OTTBs. The owner of Mr. September, Malibu Eclipse, contacted me to say hello and to connect, as we had mutual friends in the horse world, and he wanted to know if his horse was any relation to my beloved Midnight Eclipse.

How cool is that?

Anyway, I'm letting you know that you should (yes, you really should) click here to purchase a calendar of your own. 100% of the proceeds go to CANTER, and that means the money goes to beautiful, exceptional horses who are still waiting for their forever homes.

And hey, if you need a last minute Christmas gift....look no further! My calendar arrived mere days after I ordered it, so yours can arrive in plenty of time for gift giving. Calendars are limited, so don't wait another moment!

Go get your calendar. Not only will you know what day it is in 2012, it's just the right thing to do. Zeus says so.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm on it! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations KC and Zeus, I mean "Mr. December" That's great!!! xo Merry Christmas to you.
<3 Renee

Anonymous said...

Wow, three clicks and Mr. December and his 11 other pin-ups are on their way to me. Merry Christmas! - Cat