Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thank-full-ness

I was at lunch today with a dear friend who (lovingly) pounded her fists on the broad wooden booth and said, "WHY do you not post to your blog?!"

Most of the time....here's why.
Man, she's cute. Here's another one from this morning.
I could do this all day.

Anyway, we've been really busy around these here parts...I mentioned to my friend that I should do a photo blog of "A Day in the Life." It seems like I'm constantly running to and fro between horses and baby, hence, no time to blog. But I'll make a better effort, as long as Lyra takes better naps!

Zeus and I spent a large part of our fall season in lessons and riding in hunter paces. Here we are coming to the finish of a hunter pace last weekend. Note the snow still on the ground...that made for a fun trailering field. A wee bit slippery!
This weekend, I'm super excited to be riding in a lesson with the legendary Phillip Dutton. Who is he? Oh, just a two-time Olympic Gold Medalist, that's all. I can't wait to see what winter homework I can glean from Phillip, or PDutty, as some eventers call him. Actually, I don't even know if he likes that. He might not, so I better not blurt that out on Sunday.

After that, we'll settle in for the long winter months, riding when we can and enjoying the chilly but brief respite from running constantly.

On that note, I'm off to the next thing while I still can, before the Little Diva wakes up!

No comments: