Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Unorthodox Thanksgiving Cappuccino Pie

I think most of you know our family is a bit unorthodox. Well, we are. Even Lyra prefers to march to the beat of her own drum. Most babies roll from their bellies to their backs. Lyra doesn't. She is convinced she's a ninja in training and will do some crazy yoga positions to roll from her back to her front. She loves when we speak in "death metal" tones to her instead of cute baby coos. Unorthodox.

So it comes as a surprise to no one (I hope) that we didn't serve pumpkin pie at our little Thanksgiving. I made a frozen concoction that's delicious and sinful. I've had a few requests for the recipe, so without further ado, here it is....the Thanksgiving Cappuccino Pie!

But first, here's a picture of the completed pie. I started drizzling chocolate syrup on top and then decided halfway through to make the syrup resemble a turkey. How'd I do?
I can't take credit for the recipe, I just got it from my mom! The artistry on top though, is all me.
 Stop laughing. Seriously. It's hard to draw in syrup.

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
6 Tbsp chocolate syrup
1 Tbsp instant coffee
1 Tbsp hot water
1 1/2 cups Cool Whip
Graham Cracker pie crust (large size) or make your own
Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.  Add condensed milk and 4 Tbsp chocolate syrup.  Beat on low speed until well blended.
Dissolve coffee powder in hot water.  Stir into cream cheese mixture.  Fold in whipped topping.  Pour mixture into crust, cover and freeze overnight. Once frozen, drizzle with chocolate syrup swirls and dollops of Cool Whip, if desired.
Let pie stand in refrigerator for about 15 minutes before serving.  
 

No comments: