Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions

Happy New Year!
For us, 2012 was an exciting year with Lyra's arrival, Splash's arrival at TMF, and a busy, busy year with competitions, paces, clinics and lessons. Our trailer traveled many miles, and our horses covered almost as many, and all came back sound, healthy and happy.

In some respects I'm sad 2012 is over - and Lyra's already 6 months old. Where did the time go? On the other hand, 2013 brings with it lots of opportunity, events, family time, and discovery with our little girl.
Seriously. Does it get any cuter than this?! I think not.
So in the spirit of the New Year, I've got some resolutions. I'm hoping if I make them public, I'll stick to them! I'm not really one for big resolutions, I like to keep them easy.

  • Sweep the basement floor more often. Not that I don't sweep it a lot, but man, we can track in some serious dirt/ snow/ hay. That's also where I keep the horse's grain, supplements, my own personal tack shop and by the way, we do the laundry down there too. And we seem to have had a kitty adopt us, who we're calling Mr. Mistoffelees and he's taken up partial residence down there. (If you don't get the name, Google it and listen to the song, I sing it nonstop when he comes trotting down the driveway.)
"Oh well, I never was there ever, a cat so clever as magical Mr. Mistoffelees!"
  • Get that darn steam cleaner for the rugs that I've been saying I have to get, so I can stop borrowing my mom's all the time. That way I can constantly clean the kid vom/ cat vom/ horse goo that occasionally graces it. Of course we could also rip up the carpet, it's hideous and came with the house, but that's a project for the future. Far cheaper to just get the steam cleaner!
  • Learn more Italian. I'm working on it, but I have to stick with it! Ciao!
  • Put in a solid season with Zeus at events, and really focus on strengthening our foundation.
  • Eat more candlelight dinners with Matt, and Lyra!
See? Not so hard. Bring it on, 2013!

No comments: